MARCH “SPOTLIGHT” Author
JOY M. LILLEY
My pen name is Joy M. Lilley (aka Joy Gerken). I am a writer and have been writing seriously since 2011 with seven books published to date. My previous career was as a trained nurse [R.G.N.] which I loved but it offered little time for me to write until my retirement.
I joined Rave Reviews Book Club (RRBC) almost 6 years ago and have been amazed by the friendship and support offered by all.
FIGS, VINES & ROSES was the first novel produced by me. I paid a considerable sum to have it edited at the time. This proved not to be adequate for a number of reasons. Several folks in RRBC commented about the need for further editing, and when that number reached three people, I felt it necessary to do something about it.
It was recently re-edited by 4WillsPublishing. They kindly offered to help me with the extra work at zero cost. It’s been re-released on Amazon in Kindle and paperback formats. If you took a stab at the first version, I would appreciate it if you would reach out to Amazon for the updated version and give it another go.
I promote my work via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I also pay for promotion. I am ever grateful for the amazing support given by the members of RRBC.
I enjoy audio recording short stories on my advanced home equipment, and I now offer voice-over work through Fiverr.
Here is Joy’s SA month’s schedule:
“SPOTLIGHT” Tour: 3/7/22 – 3/13/22
“Bring On The Spotlight” Zoom Show: 3/17/22
“SPOTLIGHT” Author Support Day: 3/21/22
“Who’s On The Shelf?” Interview: 3/31/22
The year is 1888, and eight-year-old Isabella (Issy) Merryweather lives a comfortable life in Cobnut Hall, Derby. Even at this tender age, her thoughts are focused on those less fortunate than herself, and she dreams of one day growing up to serve that population of people.
Sharing carefree summers with her brother, Clarence, her beloved dog, Molly, and cherished Grandma Ella, she enjoys the freedom of childhood innocence. But, as she comes of age, a move to Kent changes her life forever
When Isabella meets Terence, a captivating boy from a poor background, an inseparable bond is formed in secret. But, after a heartbreaking turn of events, Isabella wonders how long secrets can stay secret before they reveal themselves?
This moving tale of love, loss, resilience, and redemption at the turn of the nineteenth century, is one that will linger in the minds of those who choose to ignore the hands of time and remain young at heart… always.
Joy is our “SPOTLIGHT” Author for the month of MARCH.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
When you support Joy by visiting each stop of her tour, sharing your comments, etc., you also support our wonderful blog tour hosts, who were kind enough to serve on the tour. They would also appreciate your comments, as well as your tweets and Facebook shares of their posts.
Please support our “SPOTLIGHT” Author by picking up a copy of her book today!
See below to check out more of the wonderful support Joy is receiving during her month as our “SPOTLIGHT” Author! If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a “SPOTLIGHT” Author, it’s also what you and your book will receive:
1) A one-week long blog tour on several blogs, set up by us;
2) A “WHO’S ON THE SHELF” Interview hosted by our very own President, Nonnie Jules right here on the RRBC Bookshelf! These are so much FUN and heavily promoted!
3) A special “LIVE” Zoom Interview via our RAVE WAVES/BRING ON THE SPOTLIGHT segment!
4) A special day of Support for our “SA” Support Monday!
5) Tweets and RTs promoting you and your book heavily during your “SPOTLIGHT” week from the RAVE REVIEWS Team Members, the RAVE REVIEWS TWEET SUPPORT TEAM and other club members, as well as Facebook blasts on club member walls and Instagram posts, etc;
6) A “SPOTLIGHT” here on our site, with your photo, book cover, blurb, and buy links, directing and encouraging the masses to purchase/read and post reviews of your book;
7) After your “SPOTLIGHT” week is over, you will get a listing on our Past “SPOTLIGHT” Authors page, IF you are in good standing with the club.
Now, I know you’re wondering how you can become one of our “SPOTLIGHT” Authors. Well, have you joined yet? Membership in our book club is the only way to the awesome title of “SPOTLIGHT” Author!!!
“You Can’t Buy This Kind of Support!”